Rented points ddp?

NMPensFan

Mouseketeer
I don’t know if this is the right forum to ask. I am renting points at akl. I want to add the ddp.

Does anyone know if I purchase the plan with my Disney visa if it will qualify as the 0% for 6 months?

I don’t know if this is the right forum to ask. I am renting points at akl. I want to add the ddp.

Does anyone know if I purchase the plan with my Disney visa if it will qualify as the 0% for 6 months?
I think this depends on whether you can book the DDP yourself. If your reservation in MDE shows that you can add DDP, then you can use whatever payment you want, and the Disney Visa rate would apply. However, since you are renting points, it may be that the owner actually has to do the DDP purchase and then the payment would go to them.

As above, if you’re renting the reservation the DVC owner has to buy the dining plan for you. You can give them your credit card information, but it won’t qualify for six months no interest. Many renters buy a Disney gift card in the required amount and give that number and PIN to the owner instead.

Yes I was thinking of giving the owner my Disney visa to use. If they use it on the dvc site it won’t qualify? I’m going through David’s
As above, if you’re renting the reservation the DVC owner has to buy the dining plan for you. You can give them your credit card information, but it won’t qualify for six months no interest. Many renters buy a Disney gift card in the required amount and give that number and PIN to the owner instead.

Yes I was thinking of giving the owner my Disney visa to use. If they use it on the dvc site it won’t qualify? I’m going through David’s
I don’t think buying the dining plan itself qualifies for 6 months no interest. You’d have to book a package - room + dining plan (maybe + tickets too) - through Disney directly to get that. Renting from an owner is a private transaction, doesn’t involve Disney itself.

ETA if I buy the dining plan for myself with my Disney Visa, I don’t get the 6 months either because it’s not a package.

The below offer, if this is the correct offer, seems to be related to a real estate purchase and related add-ons.

Become a Disney Vacation Club® Member
0% PROMOTIONAL APR FINANCING FOR 6 MONTHS3

Get 0% promotional APR financing for 6 months on the amount of the purchase of a real estate interest, including a Member Add On, in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort that is charged to your Disney Visa Card. Your standard purchase APR will apply after the promotional APR expires. Offer is not valid for Disney Vacation Club® annual dues or loan payments. Developer financing is separate from the credit card offer and is not guaranteed.3

For new accounts, the standard purchase APR is 19.24%-28.24% variable. Please refer to the applicable Pricing and Terms for details: Disney® Premier Visa® Card pricing; Disney Visa Card pricing. You will receive complete terms and conditions for this offer once you become a Cardmember. For existing accounts, please see your Cardmember Agreement.

Learn more about how to stay magical, year after year, with Disney Vacation Club®.

The below offer, if this is the correct offer, seems to be related to a real estate purchase and related add-ons.

Become a Disney Vacation Club® Member
0% PROMOTIONAL APR FINANCING FOR 6 MONTHS3

Get 0% promotional APR financing for 6 months on the amount of the purchase of a real estate interest, including a Member Add On, in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort that is charged to your Disney Visa Card. Your standard purchase APR will apply after the promotional APR expires. Offer is not valid for Disney Vacation Club® annual dues or loan payments. Developer financing is separate from the credit card offer and is not guaranteed.3

For new accounts, the standard purchase APR is 19.24%-28.24% variable. Please refer to the applicable Pricing and Terms for details: Disney® Premier Visa® Card pricing; Disney Visa Card pricing. You will receive complete terms and conditions for this offer once you become a Cardmember. For existing accounts, please see your Cardmember Agreement.

Learn more about how to stay magical, year after year, with Disney Vacation Club®.
Yes, using the Disney Visa to buy DVC points (timeshare ownership) directly from Disney does qualify for 6 months no interest. Renting points (which is renting a reservation, not buying points) from an owner does not, nor does buying the dining plan to use with a DVC reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter