Quick Mid November Trip

2nd Universal Day (US) – Monday Evening – Off to IOA, Dinner, & Home

By the time we finished, the Hogwarts Express was down to a 20-minute wait, so we took it over to IOA, so I could get my Christmas sweater. I knew if I didn’t get it tonight, I wouldn’t have another chance. They didn’t have my size in the Citywalk store, so it was now or never.

So late at night the train was a complete walk-on, so we didn’t have much time to take anything in. I did manage to record S vanishing through Platform 9 ¾. She thought that was cool. I’m not sure either of us paid much attention to the actual ride, though. We were both half asleep by this point. If we could have gotten a compartment to ourselves, I think we would have both laid down and taken a quick 5 minute nap.

It was right at 6:25 when we arrived at Hogsmeade, but I underestimated how long it would take to get through the crowds and out of the park, so we ended up a few minutes late to meet the rest of our group for dinner. Hopefully, they weren’t too annoyed. Our reservation was for 7:00, so I pushed it back to 7:15, so we wouldn’t be recorded as late. I wasn’t sure how strict Universal is about those kinds of things. We ended up arriving right around 7:10, and they sat us immediately.

That was one thing about the trip, reservations were super smooth. We arrived around 5 to 15 minutes early for each of our reservations, and they set us within 5 minutes or less of checking in every time.

We ate at Antojitos that night, and it was probably one of our better meals as far as the food, but it’s hard to mess up Mexican. It wasn’t anything amazing, but it wasn’t wrong, slow, or overcooked, so it was a huge improvement over many of our other meals. We did the tableside guacamole which everyone loved. The venue was loud like everywhere in Citywalk, and the live music didn’t help with that, but the service and food were good for what it was. Everyone enjoyed it. It was a fun last meal.

S and I made one last stop in the Universal Citywalk gift shop for some last-minute souvenir shopping. I did more looking than buying as my Hogwarts Sweater maxed out my souvenir budget in one go, but I did get a cute minion onesie for my niece.

The next morning it was off to the airport super early.

Back Home

It was a great two days, but it went by way too quickly. Two days was just not enough time. I can’t wait to go back in February for a longer trip, and S ended up upgrading her ticket to an AP and is looking forward to bringing her kids back sometime next year, so that's one successful new convert!

Despite the length of it, I’m sure I forgot a ton of stuff in this report as the whole trip is a little bit of a blur. We were so sleep deprived. I know we spent a good amount of time in different gift shops and just looking around different areas. If anyone has any questions, just let me know. Hope you all enjoyed. Thanks for sticking through to the end!

It sounds silly, but one of my favorite things to do at Universal is to get a drink from Starbucks and walk along the path to the park in the morning while I enjoy it. It’s such a peaceful and beautiful walk, and it always sets such a great tone for the day.
You’re not the only one 😃… I love this too! I usually get a hot chai tea with some almond milk in it to enjoy along that lovely walk. When I get that same drink here at home, I feel like I’m there again :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter