*** Official May 2024 Thread ***

Hey May friends! What shoes do you all wear in the parks when you're gonna get wet?
Any brand of hiking sandal that’s made for in and out of the water. I think mine are Keen. I love them. The most comfortable walking shoes I’ve ever owned. No blisters. Fast drying. I can walk for miles in them.

Be careful of flip flops on the raft ride. That water is so intense it could wash them off your feet. You might have to hold them.

Also any rides where your feet dangle, flip flops don’t work, so I recommend something that goes around the ankle and can’t fall off.

Anyone bought anything new for their trip? … Never done ears but debating on some ear scrunchies.
Anywho….what have you bought new for your trip?
Yes, a couple of things.
  1. An orange bird shirt off Etsy, but the size was not as advertised, so I’m not sure if I’ll wear it or not. It fits but tight, and I prefer loose.
  2. An orange bird magic band. Shouldn’t have but couldn’t resist. I have like 9 bands now, but this will be my first +.
  3. A Vera Bradley sling bag. In the past, I’ve always used a small crossbody bag, but as I get older, I find myself needing to haul around a lot more junk.
  4. A usb charging power ball since the Royal rooms don’t have many outlets.
  5. A case of water

I spent way too long this trip "stuck" on an MK outfit. I got in my head that I needed to match head to toe - does anyone else feel that way?
Yes, oh my gosh. I packed this weekend, and I was trying on each outfit to make sure they each matched my ears, bag, and shoes.

Why do I torture myself by looking at weather forecasts? 😕 I was looking at weather for the dates we are supposed to be there and 50% rain everyday. I know it's Orlando, and rain is expected, but I am hoping for at least a few sunny days out of the 7 we are there.
Oh, I’m sorry. That sucks. They are calling for rain only one of my days, and I bummed about it. I can’t imagine the whole week. Hopefully, it will clear up, but if not, we had a trip with an awful tropical storm and flooding one year. It still didn’t ruin our vacation. We even got rained in two days, and those days stuck at the hotel ended up being some of my kids favorite memories of the trip.

Our itinerary:

Saturday 5-11 - Arrival
Arrive MCO around lunch. Probably grab Chick-fil-a or Chipotle at airport before heading to Port Orleans.

Not sure, we might eat at resort or Disney Springs, but I figure we will be starving by the time we get off the plane since we have to be at the airport super early, so eating there seems simplest.

I can’t decide what to do the rest of the day. Definitely want to spend some time at the pool. After that, not sure. We will have a ticket we can use for HS if we want, but while I love HS, I think my friend would only care about the Indiana Jones and BATB shows. She doesn’t do anything intense or SW. Part of me wants her to see Fantasmic which I think would have her in awe, but I hate to stay up late when we have an early start at the park we do care about the next day. Other option is Bob at Riverside which I know my friend would enjoy, so we might just rest at the resort. Open to thoughts and suggestions.

Sunday 5-12 - EPCOT
World Nature in the morning. Then lunch at Coral Reef. Hoping to take a break and ride the skyliner to AoA in the afternoon. Then, World Showcase and dinner at La Hacienda to watch the fireworks. I plan on getting LL for Remy and Frozen if I can. We’ll see.

There are so many adr I’d love to make at Epcot and not enough time. A little sad we won’t get to do the space restaurant.

Monday 5-13 AK & AHMK
Pretty much want to do most everything in AK except a couple of things, so I’m sure we’ll be here until late afternoon. AK is a favorite park. Splurged and reserved lunch at Tusker House. It’s one of my favorite table service meals. I’m so excited.

Planning to go from AK to either Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge for QS dinner. I think my friend would enjoy the monorail and seeing the different resorts. Same with Wilderness Lodge. I think she’d enjoy the geyser and boat. Then, we can head over to MK for AH at 7:00. No real plans except just to hit up whatever doesn’t have a line or long line at that time until the park clears out.

Open to thoughts and suggestions here as well. Not wanting to spend much on this dinner, though, after expensive TH lunch.

Tuesday 5-14 Depart
Our flight doesn’t leave until dinner, so I’m hoping for a late check out, so we can sleep in a bit more before we need to get up and pack. No idea what the chances are of that, but the rooms don’t seem sold out for my dates, and I’m hoping not many people check in on a Tuesday.

I’d also like to go find the beignets in the French Quarter this morning if we have time. Then, we may swim a little more or go have lunch in Disney Springs. Not sure. It will depend on how long we sleep.

I figure we need to leave between 2 and 3 depending if we check luggage or not, so we’ll have a few hours to kill. If we don’t use our HS ticket Saturday, we could do that in the morning, but I don’t see us getting up after AH.

Open to any and all thoughts. This is going to be a super laid back trip for me compared to my family’s normal commando style. We are mostly just going to be hitting the things I know my friend will enjoy and a couple of my favorites. Not trying to rush around and do everything.

Monday 5-13 AK & AHMK
Pretty much want to do most everything in AK except a couple of things, so I’m sure we’ll be here until late afternoon. AK is a favorite park. Splurged and reserved lunch at Tusker House. It’s one of my favorite table service meals. I’m so excited.

Planning to go from AK to either Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge for QS dinner. I think my friend would enjoy the monorail and seeing the different resorts. Same with Wilderness Lodge. I think she’d enjoy the geyser and boat. Then, we can head over to MK for AH at 7:00. No real plans except just to hit up whatever doesn’t have a line or long line at that time until the park clears out.

Open to thoughts and suggestions here as well. Not wanting to spend much on this dinner, though, after expensive TH lunch.

I was going to say this day is HUGE! But then I saw you are there for just a a shorter trip, so power through and do all the amazing things you can squeeze in!
I have never been to WL. But I did have an excellent QS meal at the Poly, at Capt. Cook's. I plan to do that again this trip, and also possibly visit Pineapple Lanai or Tiki Terrace for a cool drink or Dole whip before heading back to MK.

Sounds like a fun trip!

I was going to say this day is HUGE! But then I saw you are there for just a a shorter trip, so power through and do all the amazing things you can squeeze in!
Yeah, Monday will be a long day, but I figure we can sleep in Tuesday. If we get done early enough at AK, we may do naps before MK.

We're leaving on Saturday also. I plan on doing a lot of AK time this trip. I had a lovely morning there on our trip last Spring but wish I had done more. The latest it is open is 7 so it looks like I won't be experiencing Pandora at night :sad2: but we have both Satu'li Canteen and Tiffins on our agenda .

Last edited:
The wicking shirt will help. For me, I like not having shorts/pants clinging to my body. Once I hit "the change" heat became and still can be a problem. I wear one of those personal fans but If I could, I'd have an extension cord that would reach all over the park and carry a window ac on my back!

What types of shorts do you like?

This trip I got a couple skorts so we'll see how that goes. I also got a pair of bike shorts. Do they look amazing on me? Heck no. But I have to build a bridge and get over caring about that. I need to care more about not getting so hot that I need to leave the park by 11 am!

PS - I have my fans too!!!!

Planning to go from AK to either Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge for QS dinner. I think my friend would enjoy the monorail and seeing the different resorts. Same with Wilderness Lodge. I think she’d enjoy the geyser and boat. Then, we can head over to MK for AH at 7:00.
I recommend Geyser point at WL. It’s not exactly QS, I’d say it leans more lounge but they have decent burgers and stuff (though I normally get like a charcuterie plate) and good drinks. It’s a nice place to relax near the water

I recommend Geyser point at WL. It’s not exactly QS, I’d say it leans more lounge but they have decent burgers and stuff (though I normally get like a charcuterie plate) and good drinks. It’s a nice place to relax near the water
Thanks. I saw somewhere at WL that had QS brisket, not sure if it was there or somewhere else, but I thought that might be a good option.

What types of shorts do you like?

This trip I got a couple skorts so we'll see how that goes. I also got a pair of bike shorts. Do they look amazing on me? Heck no. But I have to build a bridge and get over caring about that. I need to care more about not getting so hot that I need to leave the park by 11 am!

PS - I have my fans too!!!!
I don't wear shorts. One reason is I don't like them sticking to me. Another reason though is I have something called Toasted Skin Syndrome. Due to severe back issues, I can have pain all the way to my feet and so have to use a heating pad in addition to meds. From having had to use the pad so much, my skin has turned from deep red to black and blue (TSS). I carry a note in my handbag from my doc in case I'm ever in an accident because from my mid back down it looks like I've been beaten and I don't want my husband arrested!

Anyone bought anything new for their trip? I try to pace myself and just buy a coupe things each trip. So I got 1 new Disney tee for me (dh and ds refuse themed shirts 🙄) and a I’m trying out a couple skorts this time (hopefully they’ll be fit/age appropriate for a middle aged short gal). Never done ears but debating on some ear scrunchies.
Anywho….what have you bought new for your trip?
I tried not to this time.. but I couldn't help myself. Couple new t-shirts, some "night time" wear, and a kimono to go over my dress for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter