Moving Forward... More DVC.

Like I've said before in pandora, it would be awesome to link Tomorrowland lab vr experience to a Pandora ride in Pandora somehow. That would be next level shared experience across both parks.

Talk about not fitting .. Pandora in that corner of Hollywood makes no fit sense. Perhaps punching out the theatre, seating area and the backlog may get a small Pandora in there but very narrow area
There's 3-4 giant soundstages sitting empty plus the Hyperion and Muppet Theater. They also would expand the park north to where the bus drop off currently is (relocated to the new parking area east of Harbor they plan to build). There is far more room there then it first appears. Many large buildings have sat empty there for more than a decade. That area of the park is currently a massive waste of space.

Last edited:
There's 3-4 giant soundstages sitting empty plus the Hyperion and Muppet Theater. They also would expand the park north to where the bus drop off currently is (relocated to the new parking area east of Harbor they plan to build). There is far more room there then it first appears. Many large buildings have sat empty there for more than a decade. That are of the park is currently a massive waste of space.
They'd have to gut that whole area and small issue of the monorail going through that area.

The amount of demolition would be insane and Disney is well known not doing demo

They'd have to gut that whole area and small issue of the monorail going through that area.

The amount of demolition would be insane and Disney is well known not doing demo
Great points and I agree with you. It is worth noting that they literally built DCA around the exact same monorail beams now running through that area over Monsters Inc. The beams have not changed or moved.

I vividly remember visiting in the 90s staying at DLH and going over the parking lot and then the monorail running modified only on the DL side during DCA construction. It is possible for them to figure out a way to incorporate the beams again.

Whatever they do, I really hope the monorail remains in the area as I love seeing it run through DCA.

When we stayed at the Grand last time (April 24) the GCH lot was full so we had to park in the Pixar Place structure.

This will not thrill my husband. But he'll just have to deal, I guess. Thankfully, we don't use our vehicle too much. I'm hoping we can park in that little lot out front while we check-in/take our bags to our room. And then we'll make our grocery run. I suppose he can just drop me and my son (and the groceries) off while he goes to park. Really hoping we'll luck out and get a spot across the street though.

I'll need to check the map because I have no clue where the Pixar structure even is.

This will not thrill my husband. But he'll just have to deal, I guess. Thankfully, we don't use our vehicle too much. I'm hoping we can park in that little lot out front while we check-in/take our bags to our room. And then we'll make our grocery run. I suppose he can just drop me and my son (and the groceries) off while he goes to park. Really hoping we'll luck out and get a spot across the street though.

I'll need to check the map because I have no clue where the Pixar structure even is.
Pixar structure is right behind the Pixar place hotel

FYI. Handicap dvc does get free valet. We don't use it as wife hates valet, so I get to park across the street 🤣

That's what we did. We parked right out front and Bell services took our bags up, then DH went to park the car. He said the walk from the PP parking structure wasn't bad.

Do you ever get grocery delivery? We did that at the Grand and I scheduled it to arrive right after we arrived. It worked out great. (I used amazon fresh.)

FYI. Handicap dvc does get free valet. We don't use it as wife hates valet, so I get to park across the street 🤣
Asking for a friend ... is 'handicap DVC' based on the room type booked or a vehicle placard or ??? Thx

Asking for a friend ... is 'handicap DVC' based on the room type booked or a vehicle placard or ??? Thx
A DVC stay+ Handicap placard.

DVC stay = free self parking

Handicap Valet = self parking rate = free self parking for DVC stays.

the room type has no baring on the matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter