Mega-Con? Mega People! Mom and Daughter travel again! 1/30-2/5, PTR info 4/26*

disneyAndi14

DIS Veteran
Mega-Con? Mega-People! Mom and daughter travel again! 1/30-2/5/24!

Hello Everyone,

I am back from a whirlwind trip to Disney and Universal!

My daughter Andi and I have been traveling to Disney for 14 amazing years together!
IMG_2024-02-11-091737.jpg
2019 picture
We started when Andi was 10 to build special mom/daughter travel memories and it exploded! We enjoyed the trips so much and looked forward to a new one every year! We started adding more trips a year, APs, tours, ticketed events, and different resorts.

I can say we have stayed at almost every Disney resort, done almost every Disney tour, done almost every ticketed event Disney has offered and dined at many special Disney restaurants. It is amazing how much we have accomplished!

We average 30-33,000 steps a day on our vacations so yeah I need a week to recover!

I am a RN by day and have worked as a RN for over 35 years! I know, I am old. I did start working as a RN at 21 years of age. I worked for 20 years in ICU, 14 years in Home Care, and now a Case Manager in the hospital. I love it, no weekends, no holidays, and no direct patient care! It is time for me to step away from the bedside. I now work with patients to provide the best discharge plan possible from the hospital. This is still challenging but my back thanks me everyday now! I plan to work 5 more years before retiring.

Andi is a Spanish interpreter for a large Law Firm. She speaks Spanish all day long and if she has a few drinks she slips into Spanish. I love it 🥰 She is able to work remote and this fits well for her at this time. She lives about 3 hours from me in Wisconsin.

My husband Joe and son Jack are great humans but do not care for the theme park traveling to Florida! Weird I know lol 😆

Jack has an amazing career and is now traveling regularly to Germany and France! As parents,Joe and I won the lottery, we have the best kids! Jack also lives about 2.5 hours away from us in Minneapolis.

Both Andi and Jack have partners and we love both Kait and Amanda, wonderful ladies!

Now, onto the trip!

This trip was 6 nights and we stayed in 3 different resorts.

We spent 3 nights at WDW and 3 nights at Universal Studios Orlando.

Our plan was 2 full days at WDW, hitting all 4 parks, DS, and a ticketed after hours event at MK.

We had 3 days at Universal, hitting both parks, City Walk, and Mardi Gras events.

Andi had a 2 day PH ticket for Disney and a 3 day park to park ticket for Universal (we upgraded this to a power pass, a type of AP) once we got to Universal.

I have an AP for WDW and a preferred AP at Universal.

Power pass has some black out dates and does not offer any discounts. This was fine for Andi because the block out dates are mostly some Spring break dates and the Christmas Holiday season.

The preferred pass that I have offers food and merchandise discounts, no black out dates, and free parking. The parking is not applicable to us since we use Lyft and/ or resort transportation. I know for some that may be important.

We had a wonderful trip with a few minor hiccups along the way.

It was really crowded towards the end of the week. We have been at this time before and more crowded than we remember.

We noticed a lot of cheer/dance groups and people from other countries.

Here are some favorites info.

Andi

Favorite nostalgic WDW ride: HM

Favorite thrill ride at Disney: Guardians

Favorite Princess: Ariel

Favorite Park: Epcot

Favorite Festival: Flower and Garden

Favorite WDW resort: Yacht Club

Favorite nostalgic ride at Universal: ET

Favorite thrill ride at Universal: Velocicoaster

Favorite Universal Resort: Portofino Bay

Caroline

Favorite nostalgic WDW ride: Pirates

Favorite thrill ride at Disney: Guardians

Favorite Princess: Belle

Favorite Park: AK

Favorite Festival: Flower and Garden

Favorite WDW resort: Grand Floridian

Favorite nostalgic ride at Universal: ET

Favorite thrill ride at Universal: Hagrid’sMotorbike

Favorite Universal Resort: Portofino Bay

Here we are celebrating 14 years of Mother and Daughter trips!
IMG_2024-02-11-075806.jpg
Please join in for a fun packed and exciting trip

Coming up very soon is travel day!

Joining in!

I am back from a whirlwind trip to Disney and Universal!
:faint:
My daughter Andi and I have been traveling to Disney for 14 amazing years together!
That's really wonderful. :)
I can say we have stayed at almost every Disney resort, done almost every Disney tour, done almost every ticketed event Disney has offered and dined at many special Disney restaurants. It is amazing how much we have accomplished!
Whoa! :worship:
We average 30-33,000 steps a day on our vacations so yeah I need a week to recover!

I am a RN by day and have worked as a RN for over 35 years!
It's not like you've ever spent any time on your feet.

:duck:
I know, I am old.
I beg to differ.
I plan to work 5 more years before retiring.
Long stint!
She speaks Spanish all day long and if she has a few drinks she slips into Spanish. I love it 🥰
:lmao:
My husband Joe and son Jack are great humans but do not care for the theme park traveling to Florida! Weird I know lol 😆
This is possible???

(Actually... yes, I know it is.)
We had a wonderful trip with a few minor hiccups along the way.
popcorn::
Andi

Favorite nostalgic WDW ride: HM
Andi is smart. :thumbsup2

Hi Caroline! :wave:

I'm doing my best to catch up on various TRs from old friends and new here on the Boards and I was so happy when I got the notification for this thread! I'm here and I can't wait to hear about another great trip with you and Andi!

I'm here and can't wait to hear about your mother/daughter trip.
I didn't realize you started going when Andi was 10. I've debated when I could start planning a mom/daughter trip for Evie and myself, and 10 sounds like a great age.

I'm here:wave2:
Actually I was here last night but I was having a glass of wine and didn't want any tipsy notes from me making their way into your trip report so here I am again all fresh as a daisy and raring to go read the disboards for an hour before the family annoy, emmmm, I mean join me :rotfl:
Can't wait to hear all about it :goodvibes

Looking forward to reading along with this one Caroline, always enjoy your mother daughter trips!!

I love your mother/daughter trips. They look like a lot of fun. :)

We were in WDW right after you, Feb 4th - 8th. The only cheerleaders we saw were at the airport on our departure day. There were a lot of them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter