MARATHON viewing

Thanks Cam

I think I really am ready for this. Today I did the last longish run, 10 miles at half marathon race pace, and it was completely effortless. I look back at my first 10 mile training effort in September and my comments are "good until 8, then horrible." I never cease to be amazed at what you can train the human body to do.

For you and everyone else out there, I'm really proud of the whole lot of you. In the spring you wondered aloud if you could finish this thing, and rightfully so. If you'd never done it before and weren't well trained, it looked pretty impossible (and at that time it really was).

But you started easy, and built fitness. Some days were pretty encouraging, and others were pretty depressing, but you kept working towards the goal. One day you were amazed to find that a workout that would have been an extraordinary effort perhaps 10 weeks ago was now ridiculously easy. You kept working and on another day you said to yourself, "you know, I think I can do this." A few more weeks of training and that changed to "you know, I'm sure I can do this."

I'm so big on effort in everything in life. And finishing on Saturday and/or Sunday is all about effort. You absolutely cannot cheat this thing. If you did the work in advance, the finish line is waiting for you. If you didn't, you won't make it.

That's what makes finishing and wearing the medal sooooooooooooo cool. We've all had help along the way, but we did it ourselves. This is one thing no one can give you, and no one can take away from you.

Cheers and good luck to all. I'll see you, along with about 29,000 others in 10 days.

Craig

Calcio said:
That's what makes finishing and wearing the medal sooooooooooooo cool. We've all had help along the way, but we did it ourselves. This is one thing no one can give you, and no one can take away from you.

WOW . . . just, WOW. :grouphug: :cloud9:

Calcio said:
I never cease to be amazed at what you can train the human body to do.

For you and everyone else out there, I'm really proud of the whole lot of you.

::yes::

I keep telling my friends that they can do this too! The human body is made to run long distances, survival of the fittest of sorts.

Hey Cam! I figure I'll be coming through there btwn 10:30 and 11:15. Would love to be cheered on! Dh and I will both be sportign WISH shirts!

Craig - Inspiring as always. I really hope I get to run the full with you and meet up with you along the way! (Probably dreaming, but it'd be great to see a teammate!)

Carrie, Colleen, Tiff, and Cam

You all are too kind. I just believe, and I believe it strongly, that life should be a participatory sport. I cannot imagine anything worse than just sitting around on your fanny, watching life go by. Moving and doing, that's what life is all about. Sitting and watch, never. You all are my kind of guys, since you're stepping up in 8 DAYS, moving and doing.

Of course, I'm sure my elementary school teachers wished every day that I'd do less participating and more watching :teeth: (if they knew what I did for a living it would just kill them, or make them spin in their grave).

There are just too many things to do and too many things to see in this world. I plan to do and see all of them before I'm done.

Here's wishing for 45 degrees and dry at the start of both races.

Craig

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter