Magical Beginnings making VDH tempting…

Congratulations! We've never even BEEN to DL, but DH and I briefly toyed with VDH as amazing SAP points and first dibs if/when we ever make it to CA on our way to Aulani. I think 150x2 is perfect. You own points elsewhere, LOL, the third kid can get some WDW or AU points.

Congratulations! We've never even BEEN to DL, but DH and I briefly toyed with VDH as amazing SAP points and first dibs if/when we ever make it to CA on our way to Aulani. I think 150x2 is perfect. You own points elsewhere, LOL, the third kid can get some WDW or AU points.
What's SAP points?

Splitting contracts is a good idea! That said, it can be a bit crazy. When we first purchased Disney we were putting offers in on VGC and ended up with a bunch of small contracts. We sold them last year but ended up keeping a silly little 25 point contract. You almost have to bank and/or borrow to get a couple of nights in a studio off season. We have kept it though because it is grandfathered into booking the newer resorts like Riviera and DLH so when we are empty nesters it might get us into a 2 person studio at DLH :)

Sure is nice to see the points right away when you buy direct. I actually would want 50-100 more but the next incentive doesn’t kick in unless you buy 500, which I don’t need. Going from 300-500 would discount each point $35, but if I go to 350 or 400 there’s zero extra discount other than the $17 and MB.

There’s $382 in closing costs per contract. So I don’t think the 50 pointers are something I’m interested in. Leaning towards 2 X 150. That would save me $382 over 3 X 100 and if I ever need to sell 150 isn’t a huge contract.

Thoughts or opinions?

Can I ask what your closing costs ended up for the two 150s? I asked our guide for pricing on a few scenarios and they seem a lot higher than $382 per contract:

$1050 (200pts)
$1230 (250 pts)
$1510 (150pts + 100pts)

This is for Riviera, ETA not financing, planning to pay in full.

Last edited:
Can I ask what your closing costs ended up for the two 150s? I asked our guide for pricing on a few scenarios and they seem a lot higher than $382 per contract:

$1050 (200pts)
$1230 (250 pts)
$1510 (150pts + 100pts)

This is for Riviera, ETA not financing, planning to pay in full.
The guide said they were a lot lower in California. They get you with the T.O.T. but give you a break on the closing costs I guess...
Looked at the contract. I paid $396 on each 150 point contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter