Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks. Don’t declarations consist of many units? (They used to, but perhaps DVD changed things)
Yes, they usually do declare multiple RUs at a time.
It is my understanding that units declared do not reflect the specific units that can be booked.
That’s my understanding too. But the number of a given villa size that can be booked on points depends on the number of that size that have been declared. See VDH for how that works in practice.
Isn’t it the percentage of points declared for the entire resort that determines the percentage of rooms?
No, the percentage of points simply depends on the number of points in the RUs that are declared. Since this is an addition to a condo association, like BPK was, the people who analyze the declarations might say that DVD has declared or sold xx% of the points represented by the tower itself, rather than saying that DVD has declared or sold xx% of the total number of points that will ultimately be in PVB as a whole. IOW, they can say that DVD has declared xx% of the “new” points the tower represents.
Or is it based on room types? For example, if they only declare GVs for the initial declaration, would GVs be the only tower rooms available for DVC bookings?
My understanding is yes, if they declare only GVs, that’s all that can be booked with points.

My understanding is yes, if they declare only GVs, that’s all that can be booked with points.
If true, you could imagine Disney declaring more studios (and perhaps a minority of the larger room categories) early on, because they already have plenty of studio hotel rooms to offer guests, and they might prefer to be able to get cash paying guests in the larger “villa suites.”

Do we think the extraordinary low sales for the CFW might be the change they need to add the tower to the trust? I don’t think it’s the likeliest outcome but I’m sure they are not pleased with the sale of the CFW points.

I also know there has been speculation the tower won’t open til early 2025, could they be waiting to see how things unfold?

Since PVB is currently at the end, doesn’t DVD have to own 2% until tower is added to the association? The day they add tower, wouldn’t that be the day they could sell the 2% (roughly 80k)?

Wow, just found dvcnews story on BPK first declaration. https://www.dvcnews.com/resorts/gra...oridian-units-declared-into-condo-association

Also, once tower is added and bookings start, doesn’t available room count for booking drastically change? Currently 360 longhouse studios and 20 bungalows can be booked. Those are the points for existing PVB.

If they declared 800k points (which I think is close to VGF BPK initial declaration), it would be roughly 60% of the entire PVB+tower association. My understanding is Disney can now allow 60% of all points to be booked. It is not 100% of longhouse+bungalow and 800k points of tower rooms. (I am wording it poorly, but hopefully people understand what I mean about room availability drastically changing the day booking opens for the new declaration).

Once the tower is added, you have to no longer see it as different. And, once it is, then it follows the same rules that DVD can’t sell more than 98% of total points. That number only has to be met when the resort is totally sold out.

If the tower added 4 million, and the resort now totals 8 million, that means they will always remain owners of at least 160 K.

In terms of booking, only the rooms at the tower that are declared will go into the pool for all points when sales starts.

For example, if they declared 20 two bedrooms, 10 which are lock offs and 5 duos…making numbers up here…then points would only be able to book those rooms in the tower plus all the current since those units have all been declared.

Of course, you can be booked to stay in any of the rooms at the tower…but if they only declared 20 2 bedrooms initially, then only 20 2 bedrooms will be open for booking.

Now, one thing I believe that we saw with the cabins, is that DVD projected what would be declared in the next phase and those were available for long term booking.

So, we could potentially see some level of that.

But, the initial declaration of rooms, given the current points are there, at least IMO are going to be tough to book for owners unless they declare 50% from the start.

Even if only 25% of current owners had interest in the tower, that’s still 1 million points competing in the beginning stages.

We shall see! I am still surprised we haven’t seen the updated license yet. Maybe it will be later than some of us think.

If true, you could imagine Disney declaring more studios (and perhaps a minority of the larger room categories) early on, because they already have plenty of studio hotel rooms to offer guests, and they might prefer to be able to get cash paying guests in the larger “villa suites.”

When they decide to define units they are clusters together by location in the resorts.

For example, if you look at BPK, Unit 11 was some of floor 3, floor 4 and floor 5 (IIRC).

So, once the offical documents are filled with the floor plans and units, we will have a better idea of what could be declared together. Units always are a combination of rooms..other than potentially GVs.. which have been classified as it’s one unit in some projects.

But, whatever rooms are part of the units declared, those are the specific room types available.

As I posted above, that doesn’t mean one has to stay in only those units…DVC can place us in any room and they can put cash guests in any room,,

Points booking though will only be allowed for the specific room types that are now put into the association.

Yes, they usually do declare multiple RUs at a time.

That’s my understanding too. But the number of a given villa size that can be booked on points depends on the number of that size that have been declared. See VDH for how that works in practice.

No, the percentage of points simply depends on the number of points in the RUs that are declared. Since this is an addition to a condo association, like BPK was, the people who analyze the declarations might say that DVD has declared or sold xx% of the points represented by the tower itself, rather than saying that DVD has declared or sold xx% of the total number of points that will ultimately be in PVB as a whole. IOW, they can say that DVD has declared xx% of the “new” points the tower represents.

Thank you! That's interesting.

If I understand correctly, the first declaration needs to include all room types or they will not be able to sell any fixed/favorite/guaranteed weeks for those unit types (since they couldn't be booked).

Does view in the declaration matter? Can they legally sell a 2BR FW/GW lake view if they only declared standard view (and vice versa)?

It will be interesting to see what they include in the first declaration.

Once the tower is added, you have to no longer see it as different. And, once it is, then it follows the same rules that DVD can’t sell more than 98% of total points. That number only has to be met when the resort is totally sold out.

If the tower added 4 million, and the resort now totals 8 million, that means they will always remain owners of at least 160 K.

In terms of booking, only the rooms at the tower that are declared will go into the pool for all points when sales starts.

For example, if they declared 20 two bedrooms, 10 which are lock offs and 5 duos…making numbers up here…then points would only be able to book those rooms in the tower plus all the current since those units have all been declared.

Of course, you can be booked to stay in any of the rooms at the tower…but if they only declared 20 2 bedrooms initially, then only 20 2 bedrooms will be open for booking.

Now, one thing I believe that we saw with the cabins, is that DVD projected what would be declared in the next phase and those were available for long term booking.

So, we could potentially see some level of that.

But, the initial declaration of rooms, given the current points are there, at least IMO are going to be tough to book for owners unless they declare 50% from the start.

Even if only 25% of current owners had interest in the tower, that’s still 1 million points competing in the beginning stages.

Thank you!

We shall see! I am still surprised we haven’t seen the updated license yet. Maybe it will be later than some of us think.
I have been surprised to.

CFW license was first dated 10/12/23 and opens July 1. That's 274 days. That was the shortest timeline DVD had used that I'm aware of. Perhaps the 90s to early 2000s were different, but they seemed more open back then.

From May 6 to December 31, is only 240 days.
  • @mkatsy pointed out the developer can request the license details to be kept private. It doesn't mean the state/county has to do this, but it's possible this is happening this time? After Disney Files, there seems to be little reason for them to want to keep it quiet anymore.
  • Perhaps the tower will not open on time? This makes little sense to me because they could do like AKV Kidani and open part of the tower, while completing a wing. Iger was in charge then, so he knows that's a possibility.
  • Perhaps they decided BPK addition was too open/honest and harmed sales for other resorts? If so, maybe they wait until they are about to file the declaration and start sales? Speculation seems to indicate tower sales will start soon after the existing promotion/incentives end. This is the one I'm leaning towards for the reason in italics above.
  • ???

Thank you! That's interesting.

If I understand correctly, the first declaration needs to include all room types or they will not be able to sell any fixed/favorite/guaranteed weeks for those unit types (since they couldn't be booked).

Does view in the declaration matter? Can they legally sell a 2BR FW/GW lake view if they only declared standard view (and vice versa)?

It will be interesting to see what they include in the first declaration.
I have no idea about declarations in relation to selling FW. I do know that FW are sold for a specific booking category (e.g. Lake View 1BR) as well as a specific week, so as long as at least one such villa is included in declared RUs they can sell that FW.

Thank you!

I have been surprised to.

CFW license was first dated 10/12/23 and opens July 1. That's 274 days. That was the shortest timeline DVD had used that I'm aware of. Perhaps the 90s to early 2000s were different, but they seemed more open back then.

From May 6 to December 31, is only 240 days.
  • @mkatsy pointed out the developer can request the license details to be kept private. It doesn't mean the state/county has to do this, but it's possible this is happening this time? After Disney Files, there seems to be little reason for them to want to keep it quiet anymore.
  • Perhaps the tower will not open on time? This makes little sense to me because they could do like AKV Kidani and open part of the tower, while completing a wing. Iger was in charge then, so he knows that's a possibility.
  • Perhaps they decided BPK addition was too open/honest and harmed sales for other resorts? If so, maybe they wait until they are about to file the declaration and start sales? Speculation seems to indicate tower sales will start soon after the existing promotion/incentives end. This is the one I'm leaning towards for the reason in italics above.
  • ???
My guess is we won’t see any formal declaration/announcement of association until they announce the opening sales date. It seems like there’s really no benefit to Disney to announce any earlier than absolutely necessary. If sales start August 1, then we won’t find out these details until roughly July 1.

I hope I’m wrong though because I want as many details ASAP.

My guess is we won’t see any formal declaration/announcement of association until they announce the opening sales date. It seems like there’s really no benefit to Disney to announce any earlier than absolutely necessary. If sales start August 1, then we won’t find out these details until roughly July 1.

I hope I’m wrong though because I want as many details ASAP.

I wonder if history will repeat on DVD messing up PVB timeshare licensing?

Does Disney have to file a component site amendment in states besides Florida? If so, they need to start the paperwork months in advance. They messed up really bad with the initial PVB timeshare license. They didn't have it approved in all states until roughly 2 months after sales started in Florida. It was bonkers that guides had to deny PVB existed over the phone because they didn't know what state the caller was in. They couldn't mail contracts after their vacation, initially it was buy onsite only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter