It's a Cat World After All! A Sept TR (Updated 8/4 Page 11)

I think I say this every time but I just can't get over how cute Cole is and it's adorable that he called all of the characters "cat!"

That's such a great family photo too!

How great that you got to be Family of the day! :wizard: Madison looks like she was having a lot of fun and the picture of Cole trying to feed chip is my favorite!

Garden Grill is definitely on my list for the future!

You guys really got some great family photos that day! Cole is smiling/looking at the camera for all of them which amazes me! He seems like such a happy baby.

Packing is the least magical part of any Disney trip. I'm sad that your trip is ending!

Just got all caught up!
I can't believe how emtpy WS was. Nearly no one there! Fun hats, I like the Canada one the best!

You got sooo many PP pics this day! Awesome!

I couldn't believe it either. This is why this day was my favorite day at WDW EVER!!!

The hat in Canada was cute on Madison.

We did get a lot of PP pics...making up for lost time our first few days!

Yay I'm all caught up! The last night is the worst! I loved seeing you again and getting to meet Tony, Madison, and Cole! That is so awesome you were family of the day at Garden Grille.

It truly is the worst, but I'm glad we had a fabulous last day. It was awesome being able to see you again!

We never get picked for stuff like that, so we felt so special!

Fabulous pictures! I ALWAYS take them of SE at night all lit up! So pretty!

Sad to see it's your last night. I always buy too much stuff too - packing can be challenging, but because we drive most times, it's not too bad. I'm sure my luggage would be over the weight limit for most airlines! HA!

SE is tied for my favorite park icon with Cinderella Castle. They are both so gorgeous at night!

Thankfully, our bags haven't gone over the weight limit yet. I always think they will and then they weigh them and they're like 35 pounds. I guess I'm bad at guessing weight!

We love Garden Grill, too. It's our first ADR on our upcoming trip!

It is so fabulous and it's like a secret spot! No one seems to know about when I mention it.

I think I say this every time but I just can't get over how cute Cole is and it's adorable that he called all of the characters "cat!"

That's such a great family photo too!

How great that you got to be Family of the day! :wizard: Madison looks like she was having a lot of fun and the picture of Cole trying to feed chip is my favorite!

Garden Grill is definitely on my list for the future!

You guys really got some great family photos that day! Cole is smiling/looking at the camera for all of them which amazes me! He seems like such a happy baby.

Packing is the least magical part of any Disney trip. I'm sad that your trip is ending!

Aw, you're too sweet. Although, I think he's pretty cute too. :goodvibes He still calls most things (and people) cat. We're starting speech therapy soon because he doesn't say many words.

I love that family photo!

Cole was so funny with the characters. He liked trying to feed them his food.

You must try Garden Grill! It is so yummy.

Cole loves getting his picture taken...once he knows he's getting it taken. When I went to get his 2 year pics done, he was grumpy until he saw the flash go off. Then, he turns into a GQ model! :rotfl:

Packing FOR vacation is wonderful and I look forward to it. Packing to come home is the complete opposite. :sad1:

My alarm went off at 6:30am, but I fell back asleep until 7:30am. It was time to leave and I didn’t feel like getting up. Once I did, I quickly got ready and so did everyone else. I finished packing and we called down to Luggage Services around 8:20am. We got to ride down to Resort Airline Check-in in one of those big golf carts with 3 rows of seats! It was pretty fun zooming through the resort. We checked our luggage and had our boarding passes printed (we flew JetBlue on the way home and our seats had been selected when we booked).

We went to the food court to use up our last dining credits…we got a Bounty Platter (I don’t remember what that includes) with apple juice and a chocolate muffin and fruit cup. We also filled our mugs for the last time. So sad! We headed to the gift shop next to use up our last $6 in Disney Visa Rewards…yup we spent all of it!

We then walked around the resort and I snapped some last POFQ pictures. It was such a gorgeous morning!

Here’s our courtyard!

Our building

Good-bye dragon slide!

Wish we were swimming!

Map by the Sassagoula River

Arcade…never went in there, but Tony & Madison enjoyed it

Entering into the lobby

Entrance to the food court

Gift shop

We really fell in love with POFQ on this trip. We enjoyed the food court and the compact feel of the resort. The grounds are just beautiful and it feels very peaceful. The only thing we didn’t like was having to share a bus with POR when we headed out to the parks in the afternoon. The pool was fabulous and Madison loved the pool slide and the pool games. She won a few little prizes which she thought was awesome. All of the CM’s we encountered were very friendly and we loved the greeters who handed out gold doubloons.
The boat to DTD was WAY better than the bus, but the other bus rides were fine. It was pretty much a quick turn and then a straight shot to MK; DHS and EP were very quick and AK took the longest…of course we always had to stop at BB.

Cute story…while Madison and I sat in the lobby (I was writing all this in my trip journal), Tony took Cole for a walk. Cole walked all the way to our building, got a few feet from the elevator and then said “cat!” He wanted to go back up to the room! Isn’t is so funny that little kids know which way to go?!

Magical Express picked us up at 11:10am on the dot. I had to take one last picture on the way out:

Good-bye POFQ! We’ll miss you!

We stopped at OKW and SSR before heading to the airport. It was fun to see them because we’ve never been over there before. We got to the airport at 12:10pm and went straight to the food court. We were hungry! We had Chik-Fil-A…yay! We don’t have these back at home. Everything was so delicious. We quickly made our way through security and we were at our gate by 1:10pm. We still had time to spare before our 2:05pm flight.

Our flight was pretty bumpy, but Cole and I did take a nap. When we started our decent, both the kids had problems with their ears. I felt so bad! Cole wouldn’t take his pacifier which would have helped him out. We landed at 4:30pm and my sister picked us up. Well, we got home and our spare key (that Tony had found in the garage but never tried out) didn’t work. We didn’t pack any of our keys…so stupid on our part. I remember Tony closing the door the morning we left and asking him if he packed keys. He said no; there was a spare in the garage. Never again! Of course, my sister didn’t have a key to our house (she does now!) so she took us to my parents house. My mom was the only one with a spare and she was at a meeting until 8pm (it was 6pm when we got to their house). So, we ordered a pizza and hung out there for awhile. Once my parents got home, we were finally able to get home (we unloaded our suitcases into the garage earlier). It felt good to be home, but I was so sad that our trip was over. Madison had school the next day, but I think Tony took the day off.

So, there you have it folks. My finally finished trip report! Thank you so much for reading and for being patient with me. It feels good to finish this thing and move on. I’m thinking about making a quick PTR for my conference next month and of course doing a mini TR (I’m only going for Sun-Thurs). I would love to share my experiences with all of you!

Just wanted to share a few pics of some souvenirs we bought. I think I mentioned all of them somewhere in the TR!

Christmas ornaments

Body scrub and soaps from Basin...still haven't used them!

Christmas and New Year's antenna toppers...I changed them each week in December

Keychain, Mic-Keys (key covers) and a bead for my bracelet. I had to take the keychain off my keys....it kept getting tangled around everything!

I thought of you this weekend because we went to a fair & saw a sign for an upcoming Irish festival. I saw the word feis and said 'Oh they're going to have Irish dancers!' Kris asked how do you know and I said because my friend Meghan from DIS goes to feis all the time lol.

Oh no :sad: Leaving is the worst part of any Disney trip! That is pretty awesome that they took you in a golf cart!

Gorgeous pictures of the resort! Thank you for your report on POFQ. I enjoy when people do that at the end of a TR. It helps me see the positive and negatives that stand out for each resort. I think POFQ is high on our list for moderates to try. I like that everyone says it's smaller than the other moderate resorts!

So cute that Cole was try to go back to your room!

That key situation totally sounds like something I would do.

Thank you so much for sharing your trip! I really enjoyed it! :goodvibes I would love to hear about your conference trip.

I'm so glad you finished your TR! I loved reading about your family's trip-- I'm glad you had such a nice time. POFQ is really nice! I love that whole complex (including POR).

I can't wait to read about your conference!

I thought of you this weekend because we went to a fair & saw a sign for an upcoming Irish festival. I saw the word feis and said 'Oh they're going to have Irish dancers!' Kris asked how do you know and I said because my friend Meghan from DIS goes to feis all the time lol.

That is awesome! So glad I can educate everyone on what a feis is...don't forget....it's pronounced FESH! We actually have one this Saturday. It's the one run by our school, so I have to volunteer. I actually like working one of the stages...it's fun to interact with all the kids.

Oh no :sad: Leaving is the worst part of any Disney trip! That is pretty awesome that they took you in a golf cart!

Gorgeous pictures of the resort! Thank you for your report on POFQ. I enjoy when people do that at the end of a TR. It helps me see the positive and negatives that stand out for each resort. I think POFQ is high on our list for moderates to try. I like that everyone says it's smaller than the other moderate resorts!

So cute that Cole was try to go back to your room!

That key situation totally sounds like something I would do.

Thank you so much for sharing your trip! I really enjoyed it! :goodvibes I would love to hear about your conference trip.

Leaving is always the worst! It is so sad...so much time spent planning out your trip and it's over in a flash. The golf cart ride was fun!

I like reading reviews of the resorts too. I like hearing honest opinions! POFQ is so beautiful and I can't say enough about it.

See, we've brainwashed him already! It was awesome that he didn't want to leave either. I think he thought we lived there now!

UGH! The key mishap was the worst. At that point, I just wanted to be home and get ready for the next day.

You're welcome! Thank you so much for reading!!! I am going to take as many pictures as possible while at my conference. I have never traveled alone like this before, so I'm excited and nervous.

I'm so glad you finished your TR! I loved reading about your family's trip-- I'm glad you had such a nice time. POFQ is really nice! I love that whole complex (including POR).

I can't wait to read about your conference!

Me too! It feels like our trip is finally complete. Only took me 11 months to finish! :rotfl:

I love, love, love POFQ! I always recommend it to my clients.

I can't wait for the EarMarked Conference...yummy Disney food, great presenters, and some park time. Yay! :cool1:

I'm sad that the TR is ending, but SO HAPPY our next trip is close!!:cheer2:

I don't know how people survive without Chick-fil-a:rotfl2:. I'm glad you got some before the trip home.

I can't believe that story about the key! That sounds like us! And I don't have a key to our garage door but Brandon does, so this could seriously happen. Hmmm...maybe we need to think about this!

We dropped a zillion dollars on dance shoes the other day, and it started back yesterday. The girls didn't want to take off their ghillies in the store! They quit tap this year and are just focusing on ballet and Irish, which I think is a good choice.

NEXT MONTH!!:cool1:

I'm sad that the TR is ending, but SO HAPPY our next trip is close!!:cheer2:

I don't know how people survive without Chick-fil-a:rotfl2:. I'm glad you got some before the trip home.

I can't believe that story about the key! That sounds like us! And I don't have a key to our garage door but Brandon does, so this could seriously happen. Hmmm...maybe we need to think about this!

We dropped a zillion dollars on dance shoes the other day, and it started back yesterday. The girls didn't want to take off their ghillies in the store! They quit tap this year and are just focusing on ballet and Irish, which I think is a good choice.

NEXT MONTH!!:cool1:

I kind of sped through my updates, but I just wanted to finish it! It was such a wonderful trip (after the awful afternoon of rain at AK our first day.

I have now had Chik-Fil-A twice...once at MCO and again in NJ in May. I highly doubt they will open one here in Buffalo.

I knew we were going to have issues with the house key, but I didn't feel like having an argument on the way to the airport!

I am in the process of getting Madison new Irish dance shoes. We have a used shoe bin that one of the moms keeps track of. We tried some on yesterday and managed to find used chillies for $30 (she wears split sole black bottoms that are normally $65). No luck on used hard shoes right now and I really don't want to buy new ones (range from $95-150). They are terrible to break in as well. Madison will just have to deal with it for her competition on Saturday!

So sad your trip (report) has come to an end!

That's so awesome you guys were FotD at GG!! How special! I love seeing Cole's face light up with the characters! It's so precious!

POFQ looks amazing! I get so attached to resorts...they just end up feeling so homey!

So sad your trip (report) has come to an end!

That's so awesome you guys were FotD at GG!! How special! I love seeing Cole's face light up with the characters! It's so precious!

POFQ looks amazing! I get so attached to resorts...they just end up feeling so homey!

I'm sad too...it feels like our trip wasn't that long ago, but it was. Cole likes to play with Tony's phone and he always pulls up the videos from the trip.

We never get picked for stuff like that so it was awesome! Cole really did love every character. I wish he could have met some face characters too.

I get very attached to my resorts. We loved Pop but POFQ was so cozy and quiet. Big change from Pop!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter