Holiday season trip - first park day question and parties

japanese maple

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and staying until the Thursday of the next week. We plan to do a Christmas party, either the Thursday or Friday hopefully. Even Sunday would be okay. Unsure if Jollywood Nights is happening or what night they even occur.

So technically we arrive Monday night, but staying at MCO after late flight and then moseying over to Animal Kingdom Lodge the next morning. We have people joining us on the Wednesday to the end of trip, so we were trying to think of what would be good for the two of us to enjoy before everyone else gets there.

We first thought MK to see Christmas tree and all the holiday lights, but now realize there are parties on Tuesdays? Then DHS, but if there a party on Wednesday, will probably do that. So that leaves Epcot or AK, but I'm sure AK will close by 7 at the latest.

Would you do Epcot day to night, or MK before party, then go to Epcot for evening? Something else entirely? We will have 9 day hoppers, so good there.

Sorry, very long post to get to that last question. 😄

Oh if you're not going to the party that night, go to MK. Depending on what time you get to AKL that Tuesday, I would go to MK. Lower crowds and even if you get there after rope drop, you should be able to get a lot done.

I agree with sponica. MK during the day of a party is so nice. We typically go in the am and then leave around 4 pm when the party crowd starts coming in. We then either park hop to a park that is open later or, during the holidays, you could do a monorail tour (plus WL) to see the resort decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter