Freedom of the seas

mwins78

Mouseketeer
Just booked my first cruise with royal Caribbean cruise yeeeepie!!! I'm going as a group 14 cabins we are gonna have so much fun! I'm a virgin to rccl but I have done 3 Disney cruises and one carnival. Carnival was my first ever cruise and I vowed to never cruise again then I tried a three day Disney and that was just to short then it was a five day, and a four day. I love Disney brand I hated that I had to switch but it seems like the freedom class has a lot more to do then dcl plus dcl is getting to over priced. I can't wait can anyone share there experience of this ship please

Just booked my first cruise with royal Caribbean cruise yeeeepie!!! I'm going as a group 14 cabins we are gonna have so much fun! I'm a virgin to rccl but I have done 3 Disney cruises and one carnival. Carnival was my first ever cruise and I vowed to never cruise again then I tried a three day Disney and that was just to short then it was a five day, and a four day. I love Disney brand I hated that I had to switch but it seems like the freedom class has a lot more to do then dcl plus dcl is getting to over priced. I can't wait can anyone share there experience of this ship pleasedde0adde0adde0adde0adde0adde0a

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

When are you going? I'm going withy sister June 1-8. Never done RCCL so nothi g to say :)

We really loved Freedom. :)

Without specific questions it's so hard for me to give info, though. :blush:

We will be sailing nov 16 a long time from now. Do you have kids if so how are the kids clubs my son now 9 hated dcl clubs. So I hope he will like this one so I can have a little adult time Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sailed Freedom May 2012. Eight gals, five had never cruised. Had amazing time, loved the ship & staff. The newbies had no problem figuring it all out and filling their days! We did western.

Was on the Freedom about 5 years ago and loved it! Lots to do on board ship for all ages. Personally, I would want to be on a ship any bigger than that.

We will be sailing nov 16 a long time from now. Do you have kids if so how are the kids clubs my son now 9 hated dcl clubs. So I hope he will like this one so I can have a little adult time Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

What did he dislike about DCL clubs?

My son loves the DCL club/lab, and at first felt the Adventure Ocean area was a bit stark, but every time we came to get him he was smiling and sweating and happy. Even though he didn't go until around the 4th day, the counselors remembered him and made efforts to say hello to him on other areas of the ship.

On our cruise last month they had the 6-8 year olds together with the 9-11 year olds, but it seemed to work.

What did he dislike about DCL clubs? My son loves the DCL club/lab, and at first felt the Adventure Ocean area was a bit stark, but every time we came to get him he was smiling and sweating and happy. Even though he didn't go until around the 4th day, the counselors remembered him and made efforts to say hello to him on other areas of the ship. On our cruise last month they had the 6-8 year olds together with the 9-11 year olds, but it seemed to work.

He just never liked it he was "bored" the only time he liked it in there was to make flubber. I think he likes more structured activities. Although he never made a fuss to go there it was him and 5 other kids in our group ages range from 5-12 he's 8 and him and the five year old were happy to be picked up. I'll see how he likes the kids club in rccl in nov fingers crossed

He just never liked it he was "bored" the only time he liked it in there was to make flubber. I think he likes more structured activities. Although he never made a fuss to go there it was him and 5 other kids in our group ages range from 5-12 he's 8 and him and the five year old were happy to be picked up. I'll see how he likes the kids club in rccl in nov fingers crossed

If the other kids weren't keen on being there, he could have picked up on that. If they were hanging out together they might not have noticed the activities going on around them.

My son liked DCL *because of * the activities he could take part in. That was the second time we cruised.

The first time, he was with his cousin, and his cousin is autistic and couldn't handle the noise and didn't want to interact with others (and had other things he knew he could convince his parents to do with him). He got bored quickly, and therefore my son did, too. But when it was just my son, and especially since we looked at the Navigator info the night before and planned out the activities he would go there for, when he got into the room he went and found those activities and took part in them.

Who we go places with can make such a difference! And simply noticing the activities and jotting them down so we would take him there at the right times made a HUGE difference.

It's the same with Adventure Ocean, but they aren't as specific about the times things happen. Be sure to check out the Compass the evening before to show him the things that will be happening that day. Make sure he KNOWS that there are things happening. It's a lot easier in AO, especially if they are all in the room they were for our cruise (the 6-8 year old entrance...the 9-11 year old entrance was never even open so I don't KNOW if it's the same room or not!), because it's very obvious when activities are happening. :) It's not like something is happening in the Lab but you don't know if you're in the Club on the Dream, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter