Disney credit card - no annual fee

Nikkimouse44

Mouseketeer
Thinking of getting the Disney credit card, the standard one without the annual fee.

Anyone have this one? worth it?

It mainly would be used for when we are in Disney to get the 10% off merch and dining.

Do people use it to pay off their DVC dues?

I have another CC that I get more rewards with that is my everyday card, so this would just be for Disney trips and dues

It could impact your credit score by opening another line of credit, it may not. You will get better discounts as a DVC member (more widespread for dining), so if that is the reason to open the card, it's not necessary. If you weren't DVC, then I would say yes but only for room discounts and other special booking offers for card holders. The cashback is awful. I use mine only for potential resort discounts, AP has a better merch discount (20% versus 10%). And yes, you can use it to pay off your dues, I do believe you would get the 6 month interest free financing. Definitely don't opt for the paid version, you can get so many cards that have more favorable rewards than the Disney Visa.

It could impact your credit score by opening another line of credit, it may not. You will get better discounts as a DVC member (more widespread for dining), so if that is the reason to open the card, it's not necessary. If you weren't DVC, then I would say yes but only for room discounts and other special booking offers for card holders. The cashback is awful. I use mine only for potential resort discounts, AP has a better merch discount (20% versus 10%). And yes, you can use it to pay off your dues, I do believe you would get the 6 month interest free financing. Definitely don't opt for the paid version, you can get so many cards that have more favorable rewards than the Disney Visa.
We’re resale so we don’t get the perks at dining or merch. So that’s why we were looking at the card. I have an excellent credit score so I’m not too worried about that. I never carry a balance, I always pay my card off each month.

We’re resale so we don’t get the perks at dining or merch. So that’s why we were looking at the card. I have an excellent credit score so I’m not too worried about that. I never carry a balance, I always pay my card off each month.
Then it might be worth it! Especially if they are offering sign up bonuses. I think I got $300 when I got mine. You could use it to buy AP's and then you would have the benefit of the AP discounts, which are also better than the Disney Visa discounts.

Do people use it to pay off their DVC dues?

We do! And I love rolling into WDW with a nicely loaded rewards card :) .

One hint regarding that - to pay by credit card you have to pay all your dues off at the beginning of the year. The monthly option only works with auto-pay from a bank account. However you can use your Disney Visa to buy gift cards and then go online and pay enough to cover the monthly deduction with your gift cards each month. That's what I do.

If you ever need a cash reservation they often offer the best discounts as well. Going to DL in a few weeks with 25% off.

Do you already have a Chase checking account? If so, you can request a Disney debit card that gives you access to the same discounts. The no annual fee Disney visa doesn't come with many perks, I'd rather earn miles for my flights to Disney. Plus the Disney debit cards look better than the standard chase debit cards.

I have the card. It's a nice way to earn a little "Disney money" for me, since I only check the rewards before I go. A few times at WDW, I've been told that I only get the discount if I actually use the card for the purchase/meal, not just show it. OK if you're using it anyways, but I usually like to use the rewards card and gift cards, then when I leave WDW I have no bills to pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter