Daughter sweet sixteen at WDW

gisele2

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
Day 1
I planned this trip one year ago. A girl trip with my daughter and my sister. My DD wanted to stay at The Polynesian , so I was able to switch 4 days from my initial reservation at my home resort to the poly. Our plane got change and we decided to leave one day earlier about one month before the trip. I was lucky enough to secure a savanha studio at AKL Jambo house.

We arrived at midnight and were at the bus stop at 7 am , so no animal on the savanha. At checkin Cathy at the desk pixie dusted us with a free magic band.

We rope dropped AK, did all the rides we wanted without Genie +. My DD love The everest and the single line. I think she did it five times.

This trip was all about her, she chose the rides and the food. Everything was simple and fun.

Day 2

After our animal kingdom day , we check-in at The Polynesian. What a beautiful resort! We scored a Parking-lot/Parking-lot view , but this was the only "bad" thing. The CM were all friendly. The resort smells good. The atmosphere is relax, I loved the music on the beach and the torch at night.

My DD love the Ohana noodles , but it is to much food for us, so we went at Tambu lounge and ordered two sides of noodles and one of potstickers, with drinks. It was plenty of food for the three of us and affordable for Disney. It was 13$ per plate. The bartender was really kind. We had a great time. Then we went on the beach to see The Electrical Water Pageant but they were turning the lights off before we could see it.

We woke up early the next morning and went to HS. I purchased Genie + for that day. We did Slinky Dog Dash first (20 minutes wait), then Toy story Mania (15 minutes wait), went to Smugglers run (10 minutes wait), ROR was out half or more of the day, so decided not to go . Had our first LL at Rock and Roller Coaster at 9h30 AM.

We ate at the Brown Derby lounge, it was a beautiful day , had the famous cobb salad. It was soooo good. I forgot to mentioned that we tried the tonga toast that morning and we found it just ok. I think it is the sourdough that we were not a fan of.

In our day we were able to do Smugglers run five times, (one of them with genie plus, 3 solo riders, one in the morning)
Slinky dog Dash 2 times, one with Genie plus. Tower of terror once with Genie Plus, Toy Story Mania 2 times, once with Genie plus, we did not see any show.

Our afternoon snack was the carrot cookie at Starbuck with cold beverages.

At 6 O'clock we went shopping at Disney Spings, and ate late that night at Captain Cook around 9. Then it was time to go to bed. The room was really cozy and the 3 beds a necessity.

Day 3

Epcot was our third day, DD had homework to do , so we went around 10 with the monorail. From Pago Pago it is a 5 minutes walk, so really easy. Did not purchase Genie + , but made sure we had a boarding group for Guardians of the Galaxy.

We had breakfast in the room, at noon ate at Regal Eagle, my DD loooove the mac and cheese there. We did Test Track, Guardian of the Galaxy ( our favorite ride on property) , space Earth, Ratatouille and had a group for Moana. This is a beautiful space.

Had dinner at Via Napoli, a margherita pizza. The CM were all really nice and DD had a free dessert! We watch the fireworks, and it was time to go home to the Polynesian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter