An Early College Spring Break Trip! - March 2024 TR

madeline07

Earning My Ears
Intro
Hi! My name is Sydney, and I’ll be writing about my trip to Disney (and Universal) from March 2nd to March 7th, 2024. This is my first time back in a little over two years, so it’s my first time on Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind and Tron Lightcycle Run. I’m here with my friend, dad, and cousin, staying at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge in the Boulder Ridge Villas (we rented from David’s DVC Rentals!) I went to all four Disney parks and both Universal parks. Also very exciting: we’re here for Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival! Our trips usually fall during the Festival of the Arts, so I was happy about the new food booths and topiaries we’d get to see. Anyways, I’ll just jump straight into day 1: travel day, Animal Kingdom, and Disney Springs!

Day 1
My travel day started very early. I was the only one in my group flying into Orlando from Boston Logan Airport, and being the biggest Disney person in our group, I wanted to get there as early as possible to go to Animal Kingdom. I woke up at 4:30am and added a few last-minute items to my suitcase, and by 5:15am I was out the door and in my Uber to BOS!
24BADF67-ECCA-420B-8764-C1F879A6DD92_1_105_c.jpeg
For some reason, my usual airline (Southwest) doesn’t offer direct flights from BOS to MCO, so I opted for Delta. It was my first time at this terminal, and it was PACKED at 6am. I think a ton of people were also headed to their spring break destinations. My flight was supposed to board at 6:35am, and between bag check, security, a last-minute gate change, and grabbing an orange juice and chocolate chip muffin from Dunkin’ before the flight, I just made it to the gate as boarding was happening, which is rare for me. I get pretty anxious about missing flights, so I’m usually extra early to the airport. But I made it and the 3.5 hour flight was pretty uneventful! I watched Notting Hill as per a recommendation from a friend, and it was so sweet. For the rest of the flight, I napped and listened to music.
BA9428EF-802E-4C0C-B5E1-012D0B79BAEA_1_105_c.jpeg
Soon we had landed in Orlando, and as soon as I stepped off the plane, I could feel the (very welcome) humidity, which was a nice change of pace from Boston weather. In a short matter of time, I got off the flight, hopped on the tram to baggage check, and got my bag. I called an Uber, and around 11:50am, I was pulling into Wilderness Lodge! Obviously, my room wasn’t ready. But I changed into warmer clothes, picked up our Key to the World cards, and checked my luggage at the bell desk before hopping onto the bus to Animal Kingdom at 12:10pm!
3E85F0B4-D54B-4AC2-9436-73E801DE3724_1_105_c.jpeg3BDD55A8-DAD7-4774-BA95-F913C478F1CE_1_105_c.jpeg
As soon as I stepped foot into Animal Kingdom, I headed straight towards Pandora to grab lunch at Satu’li Canteen. I placed a mobile order for cheeseburger pods (my favorite) and a Pandoran Sunrise drink and ate that inside. Since I had limited time in Animal Kingdom, I decided to drop the $17 on Genie+ to avoid lines when possible. After lunch, I headed towards Kilimanjaro Safaris to use my Lightning Lane and then proceeded onto Expedition Everest with another Lightning Lane. I had a great time on both, especially since I didn’t ride Expedition Everest during our last trip when it was closed for refurbishments. After that, I walked back to Pandora to hop in the stand-by line for Flight of Passage, a must-do for me (and pretty much everyone else). While in line, my friend texted that she had arrived at the resort, so after the ride, I started to make my way out of the park.
396734D1-B1AC-4B93-B186-5B8B46BDD3C2_1_105_c.jpeg6B09B8CC-1391-470B-87C8-FFE613871FFB_1_105_c.jpeg
On the bus home, I got a notification that our room was ready, so once I picked my bags up from the bell desk and met my friend, we headed straight there! Neither of our Key to the World cards were working, so we had to use my phone to unlock the room. The room was very nice; my only “issue” was that I wish we were on a floor with a proper balcony rather than the first floor because I love to sit on the balcony to eat and relax. But this is no big deal at all. We relaxed in the room for a bit and walked down to the Wilderness Lodge Mercantile so I could pick up a Wilderness Lodge pin for my collection. Then, we got our stuff to head to Disney Springs!
E05344F6-8204-4803-9B5C-EC7906CAFF6C_1_105_c.jpegCA48EC50-DBF6-4FBA-A99D-9E8C0C558AD2_1_105_c.jpeg
We were pretty hungry but weren’t planning to get dinner until my dad and cousin arrived, so we ordered some fries from D-Luxe Burger to split. I’d been dreaming about their garlic ranch for two years, since our last trip. I dipped my fries in that ranch and truffle aioli, and they were amazing. By the time we’d finished, my dad and cousin were arriving at Disney Springs, so we met them at the entrance and started walking towards House of Blues for dinner. My dad really loves this restaurant, and luckily there was no wait. I was relatively full from the fries, so I got a chicken caesar salad and took pretty much the whole thing home. After dinner was relatively uneventful, my friend and I went to Basin so I could grab a lip balm (I use my Basin lip balm every night), and then we headed towards the bus to catch one back to the resort!
5F978B16-9DDF-4D82-A630-BF372C6E259C_1_105_c.jpeg
That concludes my first day at Disney. We went to bed when we got back in order to be prepared for Universal Studios the next day! Thanks for reading, see you with our next full day in Orlando!

Last edited:
Woohoo great first day! I know what you mean about patio vs balcony, it feels kinda funny being ground level hanging out there. Hope you didn't have to wait too long for Flight of Passage.

That was a successful first day!! Was it a long wait for fop?

At first I thought you were staying at AKL and was confused about having an open patio 😅

Day 2 – Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure (Part 1)

Hello and welcome back to my trip report! Sorry I haven’t updated in so long, I got very busy with classes all of a sudden but hopefully I can get this trip report moving. Yesterday I was at Animal Kingdom, and today we headed off property to Universal Studios and IOA. We got a pretty late start to the day, waking up around 9am and not reaching CityWalk until around 10:45am. All four of us had the 2-Park-1-Day ticket, which meant we’d take the Magical Express from one park to another at some point.

My friend and I traveled to Universal separate from my dad and cousin, so we got there around 30 minutes earlier, but all four of us started in Islands of Adventure (tradition for us). Inside of IOA, my friend and I headed right to Seuss Landing, one of my FAVORITE areas of the park. Everything is so colorful and larger-than-life. We went on The Cat in the Hat ride, which was a walk-on, and then skipped the High in the Sky Trolley ride :( which kind of sucked because I do really like that one. But neither of us were willing to wait 45 minutes for it. After leaving Seuss Landing, we headed straight towards Hogsmeade to ride Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure, which is always SO FUN. The line wasn’t too bad (probably between 40 and 50 minutes), we entered the regular queue rather than the single rider line like last year, so it was nice to be able to ride together instead of being next to random (but very nice, I’m sure) people. After that, we headed to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, which is so fun because it incorporates Harry, Ron, and some other characters that you don’t get to see in the other rides. The line for this wasn’t too bad either, around 20 minutes.
344831B0-E873-4F82-84F7-D69BD4ED0063_1_105_c.jpeg9F150020-CC90-4A2B-8189-7ED2A29DD8EF_1_105_c.jpeg
Something I either didn’t realize before or forgot about was that nearly every Universal ride (at least the thrill ones) requires you to store your bags in lockers. This wasn’t a big deal, as the lockers were free and there was always plenty of availability, but it was just an extra step to take before almost every ride we went on. After getting off Forbidden Journey, it was around 12:45-1pm and I texted my dad to see where he and my cousin were. We decided to meet in Hogsmeade and take the Magical Express over to Universal. Every single time we’ve been to Universal Orlando we’ve made sure to eat lunch at the Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley, and this trip would be no different. We were also very excited to ride the Magical Express because my friend and cousin have never been on it, and it had been down for refurbishment during our last trip in January 2022. The line for the Magical Express wasn’t ideal (~40 minutes) but by the time we boarded it was so nice to sit down and watch the “show” on the train windows.
44180760-D088-4172-9D46-3DE0DAAA84B2_1_105_c.jpeg
Once in the Universal Studios park, we headed straight towards the Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley. Since the last time we’ve eaten here, they implemented a new system where you have to place a mobile order outside and show them your receipt to enter the restaurant. I normally don’t have anything against mobile ordering or the parks offering more guest capabilities through their apps, but the Leaky Cauldron had such a good, organized system before that I really don’t see the point in making mobile ordering a requirement. (For anyone who’s unfamiliar, before you would go up to the counter and order like normal, then you would be seated at a table by a team member and your food would be brought to you.) The new process just resulted in a line of people outside who were confused and frustrated, and an equally-as-frustrated team member trying to assist them all at once. Regardless, we placed a mobile order and showed the poor team member, who then let us inside where we were instructed to pick any table we wanted. We sat in a booth along the same wall that we always sit against, and it wasn’t long before our food got there!

Since I don’t write separate food reports, I’ll include the details of our meal here, including prices for reference. Feel free to skip ahead to the next paragraph if you don’t care to read about this! In the past, I’ve always ordered their Specialty Chicken Sandwich with no mayo (I cannot stand mayo). However, I didn’t see it while we were mobile ordering this time! I ended up getting the Bangers & Mash ($16.99) (which was excellent, but felt strange to be eating it in a theme park) and a Butterbeer ($8.49). My dad ordered the Beef, Lamb, and Guinness Stew ($17.99), which he enjoyed, and my cousin (whose appetite is on-and-off) just got a Frozen Butterbeer ($8.49) to drink. My friend got the Cottage Pie ($17.99) and a Peachtree Fizzing Tea ($5.99). Sorry about the photo, I'm not sure why it's the worst quality photo I've ever taken in my life.
630E13D3-6274-4E46-A84C-BC0FA88F0DFE_1_105_c.jpeg
After our delicious lunch at the Leaky Cauldron, we made our way over to Escape from Gringotts, which had a 45-minute posted wait. After waiting around 20 minutes in line, it stopped moving completely and multiple groups got out of line. We asked a passing group why they were leaving, and apparently the ride was down and probably wouldn’t be fixed for another 45 minutes. We decided against waiting any longer, so we exited the queue and retrieved our bags from the lockers. After taking a nice look around Diagon Alley, the four of us decided to leave that section and explore the rest of the park. We headed left towards Men in Black: Alien Attack, which is a laser-based shooting game for those unaware (think Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin in MK). This is always a fun one, and the queue wasn’t bad at all, probably around 20 or 25 minutes.
C167FFE8-2D7B-4514-BF30-DCC2A80013E9_1_105_c.jpeg3F58111A-357E-4963-91A1-08282F7B710B_1_105_c.jpegB1BE34C9-DD27-49C4-B2C3-E71D40BBB701_1_105_c.jpeg
After that, it was around 3:45pm and we continued on to Springfield (The Simpsons area) where my dad and my cousin decided to ride The Simpsons ride. Disclaimer: I am not somebody who is easily nauseated on rides. The ones that really make me dizzy are ones like Star Tours and Race Through New York starring Jimmy Fallon, and even those I can handle. But I distinctly remember feeling super nauseous last time I rode The Simpsons ride, so I opted out this time. Well, my cousin should have heeded my advice because this ride TOOK HIM OUT. It made him totally nauseous, which sucked because anyone who’s gotten nauseous or dizzy from a ride knows that once you get dizzy once, you psych yourself out about every ride afterwards. However, he started feeling better as the day went on. While they were on The Simpsons ride, my friend and I went to ride E.T. Adventure (a classic, of course).
63734D74-529C-4B6F-AB00-052ED86C6DD0_1_105_c.jpeg681B8509-4FCD-4AB8-AF7C-502FB235E875_1_105_c.jpeg

I've hit my limit of file attachments so the next part will be posted right away!

Day 2 – Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure (Part 2)

After E.T., we walked down Hollywood Boulevard and then through the new Despicable Me area! It was so cute, we didn’t spend much time here but hopefully next time we can explore more. I got a minion-themed boxed water, and then we looped back around towards Diagon Alley. At 4:30pm we went straight to Escape from Gringotts and the line dragged on a bit (~50 minutes) but I love this ride so I didn’t mind. After that, we had to stop in Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes and the connecting candy store to get some Fizzing Whizbees (chocolates with popping candy), my favorite Harry Potter sweet. After picking up our candies, it was around 6pm and we headed to Platform 9 ¾ to take the Magical Express back to Hogsmeade/IOA. This time, there was practically no line and we were back at Hogsmeade in 20 minutes, just in time to see a beautiful sunset.
BB1373C0-4114-4BFA-BD6E-330E4EB034B0_1_105_c.jpeg1005064D-14B9-4F38-BA43-B4E85B9481ED_1_105_c.jpegE9BDB5F0-1358-475D-B52F-13003196752B_1_105_c.jpeg1F40221C-DFC8-4586-9710-174945B8255B_1_105_c.jpeg
We walked through Hogsmeade one more time, took some photos in front of the Hogwarts castle, and then continued on to the parts of IOA we hadn’t visited earlier in the day. We didn’t stop for any rides or treats in the Jurassic Park section (I rode Velocicoaster once last trip and that was plenty for me, plus my friend doesn’t love big roller coasters), but we did stop to ride Skull Island: Reign of Kong. This ride is nothing special, but at the end you ride past a huge Kong animatronic that’s just insane to see. After Kong, we sped through Toon Lagoon (whilst taking in all the sights, of course) and then hopped in line to ride The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. This queue was a walk-on, luckily. However, towards the end of the ride it broke down and we kept seeing the same scene on the screen over and over with the audio having disconnected from the visuals. The cutest little girl was sitting behind us and we could just hear her calling for Spiderman to save us, and eventually they got the ride back in order. They offered us the opportunity to hop right back onto the ride and go again, but my friend and I have both been on this before so we just decided to call it a night. We headed towards the park exit, and I grabbed a churro on the way out because I had been CRAVING one so badly.
B26A61AB-6390-4269-916A-855AEBD97524_1_105_c.jpeg74AF8ECD-197E-4EAE-AAD0-26FAEC7B8174_1_105_c.jpeg
It was around 7:15 at this point, and we decided to call an uber to Disney Springs to pick up some dinner and take it back to our resort. My dad and cousin did not come with us, as my dad really wanted to go to an Irish pub off-property and my friend and I were too tired for that. We arrived at Disney Springs around 8pm and picked up Chicken Guy!, Guy Fieri’s quick service restaurant. It’s pretty basic food… chicken tenders, fries, etc. but they have really good dipping sauces. Last time I went (around when it first opened in Springs) they had a ton of sauce options, maybe like 20-25? This time though, they had narrowed down their options to around 8 I believe. This is still plenty, and they seemed to have kept all the best ones. We got an order of their fried pickles, I got 5 tenders with fries and a drink, plus honey mustard, ranch, and the special sauce. My friend ordered 3 hot tenders with fries and a drink. I was super happy to be able to get Chicken Guy this time because with the amount of good eats in Disney Springs, we haven't gotten around to it the last couple of trips!

After picking up our food, we hopped on the bus back to Wilderness Lodge and ate our dinner while watching One Day on Netflix. It was still relatively early in the night and I always love to explore the resort we’re staying at, especially if it’s a deluxe resort (what’s the point of splurging if you don’t take it all in?!) Around 10pm, I left our room to wander around the resort, which was absolutely beautiful. My favorite part was the backside of the main building/lobby with the gorgeous waterfall. I headed to the mercantile in the lobby and picked up a MagicBand+. First off, I prefer to have room and park access on my wrist rather than digging through my bag to get my card out of my wallet. Also, our Key to the World cards hadn’t been working to unlock our resort room, so I had been using my phone which was just an inconvenience. I picked up a Star Wars Grogu band and synced it to my Disney Experience profile. However, when I got back to the room it still didn’t work! I plugged it in for the night to see if the battery would have an impact on that and then my friend and I went to bed.
F7512251-D67B-4D79-843E-25DCBDE3B139_1_105_c.jpeg99892345-E8F3-4828-8BD7-D55316C419CD_1_105_c.jpeg
Thank you so much for reading day 2 of my Disney (or Universal) trip! I know today wasn’t really Disney but the rest of our days will be spent at Disney parks, starting with Epcot tomorrow! Hopefully I can complete that update soon but for the time being, thank you again for reading!

Last edited:
But neither of us were willing to wait 45 minutes for it. After leaving Seuss Landing, we headed straight towards Hogsmeade to ride Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure, which is always SO FUN. The line wasn’t too bad (probably between 40 and 50 minutes)
I can’t believe the Trolley line was just as long as Hagrid’s!! Overall it sounds like you got a lot done without the express pass at Universal, even after sleeping in! Sounds like the perfect day.
but we did stop to ride Skull Island: Reign of Kong. This ride is nothing special, but at the end you ride past a huge Kong animatronic that’s just insane to see.
The Kong is so impressive! I either didn’t know about it or didn’t remember it when we went 2 years ago and it blew me away.

Day 3 – Epcot (Part 1)
Hello! Sorry I’ve been MIA, I just finished up my semester and will hopefully have the time to finish my TR now. Anyways, thanks for coming back! Today we were in Epcot, and my day started bright and early at 7am, when I logged onto My Disney Experience to book our boarding group for GOTG: Cosmic Rewind. We got Group 96, and the estimated return time at 7am was around 3pm. This gave us plenty of time to start our morning, so we all slept in a bit longer. I started getting ready around 9am, and at 10 I walked to the lobby to ask about my new Magic Band, which still wasn’t working. They recalibrated the band and when I got back to our room, it worked!

We left our hotel room around 10:20, and we took the buses to Epcot. By the time we made it through security and the ticket checkpoint, it was 11am. We stopped to take some pictures in front of Spaceship Earth, and decided to hop in line for Spaceship Earth right away. The wait time said 25 minutes I believe, and the wait ended up taking around 20-25 minutes. We decided not to get Genie+ for any of the parks except Magic Kingdom on our last day, which in hindsight was a mistake. I think Magic Kingdom was the park we needed it the least for, and it would have been worth the money at both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. At least we know for our next trip! After a beautiful, calm ride on Spaceship Earth, we were all pretty hungry since we hadn’t eaten yet.
22D30A52-287B-4841-AAE1-039BCDA1665E_1_105_c.jpeg
Of course, the Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival was in full swing, and we rarely visit Disney during this festival so I was excited to try some of the offerings. The first thing that caught my eye was the fried cinnamon roll bites with candied bacon from Brunchcot, which were $5.00. All four of us split one order, which was perfect as they were delicious, but pretty sweet. I would order these again. We decided to start our trek around the World Showcase, heading left towards Mexico (of course). At Mexico’s food booth, Jardin de Fiestas, I got the tamale de rajas, which was $8.75. This was a vegetarian option, and it was delicious. We decided to ride the Three Caballeros ride in the Mexico pavilion, which had a relatively long wait compared to the normal wait (probably around 10 minutes?)
DF24B319-0D74-47BC-ACEB-F90E04A1A2A5_1_105_c.jpegCAE42A6D-893E-4E4C-A7DC-3355EE9530D8_1_105_c.jpeg176CF61F-A4A6-494F-A26E-078846B2C929_1_105_c.jpeg
It was around 1pm when we got off the ride, and we continued our way around to the China pavilion, where my dad and I shared the cheesy crab wontons ($8.25) and my cousin got the spicy mala chicken skewer ($6.75) from the Lotus House food booth. I’m a sucker for crab wontons, so while I enjoyed them, they were not worth the $8. There were three of them, and they were your standard wontons that you’d get from any Chinese restaurant. After a little stroll through the China pavilion, we walked to Germany, where I got a caramel pecan cluster from Karamell-Küche (my favorite!) and took a look at the train display (my dad’s favorite).
D5961941-1F2A-422C-BC81-EE533521E92F_1_105_c.jpeg58980B03-BDA1-4CDC-B018-19BC28D1CC39_1_105_c.jpeg9BCDDE3A-6246-4CB0-AD98-38F4C83356BD_1_105_c.jpeg
After Germany, we breezed through Italy and America until we arrived in Japan, where my friend and I both ordered the frushi ($7.75) from the Hanami booth. We both loved this, it was unique and super refreshing, plus I’d been dying to try it for a couple of years now. I really wanted to try the ramen cup from this booth as well, but at this point I was too full and I unfortunately never got back to it. After Japan, we walked through the rest of the World Showcase until reaching the Northern Bloom food booth in Canada. My dad and I split the beef tenderloin tips ($7.25), which were delicious. Around this point, it was 2:45 and our boarding group for Cosmic Rewind was about to be called. Before heading in that direction, we decided to ride The Seas with Nemo and Friends, as it was only a 15 minute wait. After a quick ride on that, we headed back towards World Discovery and hopped in line for Cosmic Rewind. My cousin decided to sit this one out, and my dad, my friend, and I ended up waiting around an hour and a half (??). I was super excited to see which song we’d get, and we ended up getting Disco Inferno, which I was happy with. I thought it was the perfect tempo for the ride. It was also my first time riding this, and I loved it! It was such a smooth ride, and I used to be super into Marvel so I had a great time.
59D18C9B-BE35-4032-AF44-785C1F963041_1_105_c.jpegCBEA316A-9810-4EFE-8B71-73FAC9955685_1_105_c.jpegD5ACCC9F-A700-46AA-8E67-E8A88CE4551F_1_105_c.jpeg

Stay tuned for Part 2 of our Epcot day!

Day 3 – Epcot (Part 2)
We had Extended Evening Hours for Epcot this day, meaning the park was open until 11pm rather than 9pm. We decided to head back to the hotel for a midday break, and return to Epcot in the evening. Right after we got off Cosmic Rewind, we hopped on the bus back to Wilderness Lodge and took some time to relax in our rooms. We were in our rooms at the 6pm mark, when we had the opportunity to join another boarding group for Cosmic Rewind. I wanted to ride again, so I joined another virtual queue and got another boarding group! I was more eager than everyone else to get back to Epcot, so I was on the bus back to the park in around an hour. I wanted to try and knock out a few of the rides we didn’t hit, particularly Living with the Land (one of my favorite Epcot rides). I headed straight to The Land pavilion, and waited around 5 minutes for Living with the Land. I also got to sit in the front row for the first time ever, so it was a very peaceful ride!
FF78BF84-CB1D-45FD-B84E-7E3F531F4A8C_1_105_c.jpeg
I decided to hold off on Soarin’ until my friend got back to the park, as I know she really likes that ride. I started my stroll around the World Showcase, stopping for a Violet Lemonade ($4.75) which was delicious, but super sweet. I think the portion size is perfect. In France, I stopped at the Fleur de Lys booth for the duck confit ($7.95), which was probably tied with the crab rangoons for most disappointing dish. It wasn’t disgusting, but it was pretty bland and didn’t look very appetizing. In hindsight, I should’ve gotten the ramen cup from the Japan food booth instead. Anyways, my night continued with a stroll through the Morocco pavilion. As I was passing through Germany, my friend texted that she was leaving for the bus stop back at the resort. I decided to speed my way towards Test Track and hopped in the single rider line, which had me on the ride in around 10 minutes or so. I always love this ride, especially the part that loops you around the ride building outside.
8E5AB914-7267-4E13-8039-062D8F4BFBBD_1_105_c.jpeg1AADCD4C-0CBF-4226-8C20-D50D20D1A3AF_1_105_c.jpeg28A649C9-937C-4C50-B022-B9911EF4BE57_1_105_c.jpeg
At this point, my friend had entered the park, so we decided to meet at Frozen Ever After. We only waited around 20 minutes, and by the time we were off the fireworks were just ending. It was also at this time when our boarding group for Cosmic Rewind was called, so we headed straight there! This time around our wait time was much shorter, probably around 15 minutes at most. I didn’t have any high expectations for our song this ride, all I really wanted was a new song rather than Disco Inferno again. We ended up getting Conga! I liked this song too, I’d prefer a fast-paced song on this ride rather than a slower paced one (I’m looking at you, Everybody Wants to Rule the World). At this point, my dad and cousin were back in the park, but they decided to sit the rides out and hang in the Rose and Crown pub for the rest of the night. My dad wanted me to stop by, since one of the bartenders was Scottish and I studied abroad in Scotland, but we were already so crunched for time I never got the chance :(
0F70C5A2-57CC-4AF8-BA0C-AB06150CA40D_1_105_c.jpeg50685307-AF2B-40EB-BDA7-49D172ED25D9_1_105_c.jpeg
By the time we got off Cosmic Rewind, it was around 10ish and we were still trying to ride Soarin’ and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure. We headed to Soarin’ first, and it was practically a walk-on. However, after getting an entire theater of people strapped into our seats, they realized that the screen was having technical difficulties, and moved us to another theater. After having to sit through the pre-show video again, we made it into the theater but we knew that we’d be crunched for time in getting to Ratatouille. Still, we were off Soarin’ by 10:30pm and immediately booked it towards the France pavilion. Remy’s was a walk-on at this point in the night, and we were off the ride by 10:50! I love this ride, but for some reason it was more headache-inducing this time than I remember. Maybe it’s because the thought of motion sickness was so prevalent in my mind after the Simpsons ride incident, but I was totally fine as soon as the ride ended. We stopped for a few pictures in front of the Ratatouille fountain once we got off (this area is so pretty at night!), and then we were both ready to head back to the resort. The park was almost totally empty at this point, and we had a nice walk back to the front of the park.
7566CFA6-8A67-4632-8807-C0AA777FA6ED_1_105_c.jpeg
While I enjoyed our walk back, it made me realize that I prefer the location of the Beach Club Resort (where we last stayed) to the Wilderness Lodge. I like the proximity of the Epcot area resorts to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, as well as the multiple modes of transportation available. The only modes of transportation available at Wilderness Lodge were bus and boat to Magic Kingdom. We were on the bus “home” by 11:15. We stayed up for a little bit, and then went to bed. Tomorrow we’re at Hollywood Studios, my favorite park! Stay tuned for that, and thank you so much for reading :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter