An Alphabetical Stroll Through Bali and Australia/+ a Bit of Philippines- F is for: Feeling Cute, Might Go to a Wedding! / G is for: Grand Gala!

Just a note of recommendation. Don't brush the flies off your neighbours back as they will just come your way. Know that from experience.
Great photos. Can't wait to read your report.
So. Many. Flies. Aside from one extremely stressful little side story, that was the most irksome part of that side trip.

Well when I travelled there in 1991 the flies were plentiful. I did have a photo of the back of the person ahead of me's jacket but I can't find it right now. If you brushed them off them, they just swarmed you.
From history books Aussies used to wear cork hats - may or may not be true.
The theory behind cork hats is that the dangling corks go some way to keeping flies off your face. Visitors from other parts of the world might not understand why this is necessary, but it is. In the United Kingdom, one buzzing fly might be mildly annoying. In an Australian outback destination such as Uluru, Kings Canyon, Lake Eyre or Balladonia, seemingly zillions of flies can descend on you. On a hot day, it is particularly hellish – no amount of frantic arm-waving seems to shake them off.
Huh! Fascinating!! I love this bit of history! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter